Tuesday, January 27, 2009

State Fair Winner




Take a look at the quilt in the center of this photo. It's the Star Medallion in red, gold, black & tan. I made this as part of a local quilt shop's BOM program during 2008. I had it professionally quilted because I wanted to give it to my son & his wife for their wedding in October. It was finished in time to enter at the Iowa State Fair & won a second place ribbon. I had won only a 4th place ribbon for Circle of Life (see previous post) in 2006, so I felt like I must be improving.
I received high praise from the judge for my binding. I enjoy almost every aspect of creating quilts from designing the pattern to piecing the top, etc., but really get a lot of satisfaction from hand-stitching the binding. This was a king-sized quilt & it took me 12 hours to do the binding.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm always interested in feedback on my quilts or my blog. Please leave your comments or questions here.