Thursday, April 23, 2009

Row, Row, Row


Procrastination is my middle name. Instead of working outside in the gorgeous spring weather on that endless list of chores, I'm choosing to fiddle around on the computer. Where's my willpower?
I created this original design two years ago for the local quilt shop. I then taught a class whereby the students learned how to cut & piece one row a month & in so doing, the object was to learn 6 new techniques. I was actually able to incorporate more than 6, so they got a little bonus.
My favorite row was the diamond-shaped log cabins. They are all paper-pieced. It was very time consuming & I certainly wouldn't want to do an entire quilt in this block. But it was still enjoyable & oh-so-accurate!
The quilt shop owner suggested I use their just-in Civil War prints, so that was a real challenge. I tend to use brighter colors in my quilts & my absolute favorite fabrics are the 30's prints.
Time to get busy outside!
PS. I think I need a class in photography!

1 comment:

  1. You seemed to have learned alot ...I just got back from a quilt retreat and really learned a lot too. It is fun!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete

I'm always interested in feedback on my quilts or my blog. Please leave your comments or questions here.