Monday, April 26, 2010

Good Morning Sunshine



This is a bright & colorful quilt I made from a kit called Good Morning Sunshine. I made it for a friend's first grandchild born in February. I know I purchased the kit when I worked for Fons & Porter in Winterset probably sometime between 2004 & 2006. I loved the colors then & still do. I sure hope baby Ben is enjoying it, too.




Here's the label I created on my embroidery machine. I had to add the label several weeks after the quilt was given at the baby shower, so I opted for a narrow strip placed on a forty-five degree angle since it worked well with the quilting that was already in place. I only needed to "unsew" two small areas on the binding in order to permanently attach the label. I like the look better than the traditional square labels I have used in the past.
Okay, don't be too shocked, but I have another post coming in just a few days. It's been busy winter with record snowfalls, so I had lots of time to sew. Now I'll be playing catch-up with my blogging.
What have you been doing all winter?
Keep on stitchin'
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm always interested in feedback on my quilts or my blog. Please leave your comments or questions here.