Thursday, February 5, 2009

Monkey Shine


Did you have a sock monkey when you were little? I don't recall owning one of my own, but my grandmother had one at her house that we always played with when we visited her.
A few years ago I made a sock monkey for my grandson York. I also knitted him a sweater with a sock monkey on the front and made him this quilt. He has long outgrown the sweater (maybe his little brother Jack will get some use out of it), but he still sleeps with his monkey quilt.
These fabrics were from a Moda collection & also included panels to make a fabric book about the monkeys jumping on the bed - remember that? I'll have to dig out those panels (another UFO) so at least one of the grandkids will have a chance to enjoy the book!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm always interested in feedback on my quilts or my blog. Please leave your comments or questions here.