Friday, March 27, 2009

Time Flies

I can't believe it's been over a month since my last post. Since I enjoy looking at the pictures on the blogs that I follow, I want to try to include at least one photo with each of my posts. Aye, there's the rub...no completed projects to post. Not that I've been idle. I just don't have anything actually finished.

Last week was my son-in-law's 40th birthday. Of course, I decided he needed a quilt to mark such a milestone. I had the top pretty much done & decided it just wasn't working. The tie-dyed-looking background fabric, although perfect for him, was just too busy. So two days before the day of the surprise party I put my husband to work "unsewing" (would that be called a No-Sew day?), and off I went to buy different fabric. I did get the top pieced before the party on Saturday & he loved it! I think what he'll like even more is the tie-dyed fabric that will be used on the back. I'm busy quilting it now & will post a picture here as soon as it is done, hopefully in the next few days.

In the meantime, I decided I need some handwork to do while my husband & I watch TV in the evenings. He frequently finds some sort of ballgame or we manage to find a mutually agreeable old movie. Rarely do either of these diversions require my complete attention, so I check my Yahoo Groups & Facebook and then need something else. That something else is now a cathedral windows quilt. I think it will help me use up a lot of scraps (over 1500 2" squares) plus keep me sewing for many months. Don't look for that photo for some time to come ;)

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog! The signature quilt is lovely, as is your other work. I really enjoyed looking over your posts.
    Micki
    In Ireland

    ReplyDelete

I'm always interested in feedback on my quilts or my blog. Please leave your comments or questions here.